Fliq for Mac Quick Start Guide
Your first Fliq
- Ask a friend, family member, classmate or co-worker to install and open Fliq.
- Fliq users on the same network are displayed in the list view. Tap a name.
- Now, choose to send a photo, contact, My Card, note, task or document to your friend.
- A preview is displayed.
Click the Fliq button to send!
Send photos, notes, contacts, tasks and documents to other Fliq users
Contacts and My Card
Fliq presents all your contacts from Address Book. Select any contact. You can choose to send only the 'work' information or 'home' information, or choose to send all contact information. Also, see the "My Card" section below for more information.
Photos and Images
You can choose to send photos from your iPhoto Library, or you can select an image file from your hard disk. Fliq can send most image file types, including JPEG, GIF and PNG.
Notes and Memos
Choose to send a note or memo from Mark/Space Notebook (included with Fliq). You can also drag-and-drop a text selection to Fliq to send it. See "Drag-and-Drop" section below.
Tasks and To-Dos
Fliq shows you tasks you have in iCal. Choose any task to send to someone.
Documents and Files
Send documents, like HTML, Microsoft Office and PDF files, to other Fliq users.
Other Fliq users can send you contacts, photos, notes, tasks and documents - even when you have Fliq minimized on your computer.
When someone sends you a Fliq, an alert sound chimes and a small red alert notifies you at which time you can Discard or Preview it.
Information and Files received by Fliq are saved in the following places:
- Documents and files: Fliq will ask you where on your computer you want to save the file.
- Notes, memos and text selections: Are saved in Mark/Space Notebook (a separate application installed with Fliq)
- Tasks and To Dos: Are saved into iCal
- Contacts and iPhoto Pictures: Contacts are saved into Address Book. Photos are saved into iPhoto.
Using Fliq with iPhone or iPod touch
Fliq for the Mac works with the free Fliq apps for the iPhone and iPod touch: Fliq for the iPhone, Fliq Notes, Fliq Tasks and Fliq Docs. With these apps, you can exchange notes, documents, tasks, photos and more with your Mac. All Fliq apps for iPhone and iPod touch are available free from the iTunes App Store.
To send information and files to your iPhone or iPod touch, open the corresponding Fliq app for the kind of information you are sending:
- Documents and files: Open Fliq Docs
- Notes, memos and text selections: Open Fliq Notes
- Tasks and To Dos: Open Fliq Tasks
- Contacts and iPhoto Pictures: Open Fliq for the iPhone
Fliq will highlight the button(s) for the types of information it can send to your iPhone or iPod touch for the Fliq app that is open.
Quickly send over-the-air your contact information to others by choosing to Fliq your 'My Card'. Fliq lets you set a contact in Address Book as your My Card. By default, Fliq uses the same My Card set in Address Book.
Fliq for the Mac makes it possible to quickly drag and drop contacts, photos, notes, tasks and files via the network to other Fliq users in your list view.
Drag a file from your computer into Fliq to send it to someone.
You can also drag a contact directly from Address Book to a Fliq user.
Select some text from another program and drop it to send as a note to someone else or to your iPhone/iPod touch.